Oregano Essential Oil - 15 ml - doTerra
Though it’s primarily known as a popular cooking spice, the uses and benefits of Oregano oil extend far beyond the kitchen. Oregano is one of the most potent and efficacious of all essential oils and has been used for centuries in both traditional and holistic practices. When diluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil, Oregano essential oil can be used as an effective, naturally sourced skin-cleansing agent, provide a soothing aroma in a chest massage, and promote healthy-looking fingernails and toenails.
Why should I add Oregano oil to my collection? Oregano essential oil is versatile and powerful due to a high concentration of both carvacrol and thymol—two phenol chemicals with profound topical cleansing properties. For this reason, Oregano oil can act as a strong, naturally sourced surface cleansing agent. Additionally, the warm, delicious, herbal flavour of Oregano oil can be a substitute for fresh and dried oregano to enhance the taste of all your favourite Italian dishes.
- Combine one drop of Oregano oil with Fractionated Coconut oil and apply to the bottoms of feet for an herbaceous aroma to start off every day.
- Mix one drop of Oregano essential oil with five drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil and rub into hands as a cleansing agent.
- Blend one drop of Oregano oil with five drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to chest for a soothing massage.
- Dilute one drop of Oregano oil with five drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to cuticles and nailbeds to maintain healthy-looking fingernails and toenails.
* Oregano oil should always be diluted with a carrier oil when applied to the skin.
- Replace one tablespoon of fresh or dried oregano with one drop of Oregano oil in Italian dishes.
- Add 10 drops of Oregano oil to a spray bottle of water to clean tables, counter tops, and other surfaces.
- Diffuse three to four drops of Oregano oil with Peppermint oil and Lime oil, for an invigorating aroma during cold months.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 120 mL of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.