Lemongrass Essential Oil - 15 ml - doTerra
A tall, perennial plant, Lemongrass has a subtle citrus flavour and is often used in Asian cuisine to enhance the flavour of soups, teas, curries, meat, and seafood. Lemongrass essential oil is frequently used in skincare products for its cleansing benefits and the soothing sensation it provides for the skin. Lemongrass oil also produces a refreshing, invigorating aroma when diffused or when combined with Fractionated Coconut Oil as part of a relaxing massage.
Why should I add Lemongrass oil to my collection? The chemical makeup of Lemongrass essential oil includes the chemical constituents geranial and neral, which are aldehydes. Typically, aldehydes are known for their distinctly potent fragrances, which contributes to the fresh, citrus, and herb-like aroma of Lemongrass essential oil. Aldehydes also have the ability to cleanse surfaces, making Lemongrass oil ideal to use on the skin and when cleaning commonly used surfaces.
- Add one to two drops of Lemongrass essential oil to your daily facial cleanser to promote clean-looking skin.
- Combine one to two drops of Lemongrass oil with one to two drops of Tea Tree oil and apply to toenails for clean, healthy-looking nails.
- Dilute one drop of Lemongrass oil with five drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply after exercise for a refreshing sensation on the skin.
- Combine one drop of Lemongrass oil with five drops of with Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply on the skin for a soothing massage.
- Add one to two drops of Lemongrass oil to soups and savoury dishes for a unique herbal, citrus flavour.
- Diffuse three to four drops of Lemongrass oil on the patio for a pleasant outdoor aroma.
- Place a few drops of Lemongrass oil on a rag to help clean tables, counter tops, and other surfaces.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 120 mL of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.